Student work: sight-E is a recently established startup developing an AI-driven electricity market decision support tool that involves price forecasts and optimized trading strategies. The current team involves dedicated young experts of the field, aiming to impact today’s energy landscape significantly.
Due to trends within and outside the EU, both electricity market prices and volatility are increasing. The increasingly complex markets can no longer be predicted using traditional methods. Understanding and forecasting markets require new types of solutions that model the intricate market processes using the most innovative machine learning and deep learning technologies. The technologies developed at sight- E aid the increasingly challenging tasks of the traders by predicting different market prices and generating automatic trading strategies. The applicant will be involved in various forecasting tasks concerning the implementation of new algorithms and the improvement of existing models.
Working hours: 20 hours a week
Start: as soon as possible
Place of work: Budapest
Salary: 2824 – 3295 HUF/hour (depending on the qualification)
The main tasks will involve:
- Collecting and processing electricity market data from various sources.
- Studying relevant literature.
- Testing various ML and DL based forecasting algorithms.
- Based on a comparative study, concluding on the best performing method.
- Implementing performance-boosting additions.
- Have ongoing university studies (active student status)
- Outstandingly strong analytical skills.
- Start-up mindset and team spirit.
- Preferably MSc student with ongoing studies in the field of energy engineering/computer science/economics.
- At least basic programming skills in one of the following languages: Python/R/Julia.
- Familiarity/or willingness to get familiar with ML/DL algorithms for time series analysis.
- Familiarity/or willingness to get familiar with cloud computing services.
- Understanding of European electricity markets is a plus.
- Exciting startup working environment with young and motivated teammates.
- The opportunity to become an expert in novel AI technologies.
- Understand the fundamentals and practical challenges of the European electricity markets.
You can apply by e-mail (email@example.com), giving your name, phone number, the position you want to fill and attaching your CV.
Click the “Jelentkezés” button to open the pre-parameterized email with your default email system (if configured).